Monday, March 5, 2012

OUR CRIB!!!

Even before I got pregnant we knew exactly what crib we wanted. Actually, before I even really thought about babies, I knew what kind I wanted. My sister had a wrought iron daybed growing up and when she got married, I got that bed. Little sisters look up to big sisters and I always loved her bed. In fact, much to her dismay, I used to sleep in her room on the trundle bed just to be around her...my poor sister. Anyway, she eventually took the bed to her new house but I have always loved the iron bed. I got to wondering if they still made iron cribs, I knew I had seen vintage ones but there was NO WAY I would put my baby in a vintage crib. Safety regulations are SLIGHTLY different these days. Safety regulations are the reason why Baby P is not sleeping in the very same crib that the cousins slept in. Anyway, I found some beautiful, ornate cribs online, very princessy and Victorian almost, not my style. But then I came upon this crib:

This is the Joy crib from Bratt Decor and oh am I ever in love!!! It's perfect! Exactly what we wanted! And it's in my house!! AHH!! I ordered it on a Tuesday and the company said it would be a minimum of
6 weeks. 2 days later they called to say it was ready to be delivered! It came on a HUGE truck and the nicest delivery guy let me inspect every piece before I signed for it. I took a million pictures so when we get it put together, I'll will upload them and make one big post. I can't believe there is a crib in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment