Friday, February 3, 2012

NT scan fun time

Being the kind of person I am, I opted to have the NT scan done. The outcome of the test certainly wouldn't change any decisions we would make but at least we could be prepared if we needed to be.

I was very nervous the morning of the scan but I was excited because I knew I'd get to see Baby P, so that calmed me a little bit. The doctor who does the NT scans in the practice I go to is very nice, a little older than my OB and has an AMAZING mustache! I am glad we met another doctor in the practice since there is a chance our doctor will not deliver Baby P (but I pray all the time that he gets to). He explained the test and what they are looking for and in we went with the sonographer. The sonographer was very nice and had the most calming voice. She explained that she keeps the screen facing her until she gets the measurements she needs and then she'll turn it towards us for a quick look. As soon as the picture came up she said, "We've got a mover on our hands".  This baby definitely takes after Daddy and WILL NOT be still!! She was poking me and prodding me, trying to get the baby to move into position. Jp and I joked that the baby said, "Hey, Momma and Daddy, check it out, I've got legs and arms!! Watch what I can do" and the dance party would begin. Our baby is definitely a little dancer. After about 20 minutes of poking, she decided to move to the "other" kind of ultrasound, affectionately called the dildo cam by most girls. She said that sometimes she can get the measurement this way and if not, it almost always moves the baby into a better position. Well, no luck in the measurement department but once she switched the the regular ultrasound again, BAM, she got what she needed. I like to think it's because I closed my eyes and said, "Baby P, I know you're excited about your new appendages and perhaps Momma shouldn't of had chocolate milk before we came, but please, sit still for one second because Momma is getting bruised!".

After all that, we had been in there for 45 minutes and sadly she had another appointment so she showed us our little wiggle worm and off we went. The doctor reviewed our results right away and told us that everything looked perfect and we just needed to wait for the blood work. A couple days later we got the call that everything was negative and we were so excited! Way to go Baby P!!

We did get one decent shot of Baby P:


Wiggly arms and legs!!! And a really cute face! Baby P for sure has Daddy's mouth! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment